HBI Health & Homoeopathy Centre
AFFECTIONS OF KIDNEYS
- This remedy corresponds to all stages of Bright's disease,
bearing a closer resemblance than any other remedy. It comes in
later in the disease where there is dropsy, pale skin, waxen appearance, watery diarrhoea and
great thirst. The urine is dark, casts
are abdundant, and it
contains much albumen.
There are attacks of dyspnoea when lying down in
the evening and after
midnight, relieved by
an expectoration of mucus.
- It may come in immediately after Aconite in many cases. Dr. Pope found Arsenicum
3X efficient in
acute nephritis. " Blood
boils " make a
special indication for
- Arsenicum seems a simile to the large white kidney. Hughes considers it a favorite with anxiety and sinking of vital forces will call
- Calcarea arsenica has
been used in the anaemia, progressive emaciation and debility of
this disease with success.
Mercurius corrosivus. [Merc]
- This remedy corresponds to the large white
kidney. There is
an albuminous, scanty and red urine; pale waxen color of the body; there are lumbar pains,
great dyspnoea and excessive strangury.
- It takes the first rank among all the mercurials for nephritis,
and it comes in the later stages.
Syphilitic complication further indicate it.
- There is an expression of uneasiness of uneasiness
on the face.
- Dr. Ludlam considers it
our best remedy for the albuminous nephritis of pregnancy and Baehr lauds
it in suppurative nephritis.
- This remedy is said to be the most homoeopathic of all remedies in
Bright's disease. It has scanty, dark, albuminous urine containing casts.
It excites a violent nephritis.
- One of our reliable and most frequently
indicated remedies in
the early stages of renal diseases when congestion is
prominent, when there is
much pain in the back of a dull character extending along the ureters. The
great characteristic of dark smoky urine will be present.
- There is anasarca, and of course, the
urine is bloody and
- albuminous. It is recommended in post scarlatinal renal
- The prostration is not accompanied by the restlessness of Arsenicum or Cantharis.
This remedy pictures nephritis with cutting pains in the lumbar region; the urine is passed in drops and is mixed with blood, with
- Post scarlatinal and post diphtheric kidney diseases with
dropsy may indicate Cantharis. The prostration of Terebinth lacks
the restless anguish of Arsenicum.
degenerations of the
kidneys, with tendency to
Dropsy, sallow face,
about the ankles. It seems
to corresponds to the contracted
or cirrhotic form of
nephritis, holding the same relation here
that of Arsenic and Mercury
do in chronic nephritis.
- Royal emphasizes this remedy saying that it arrested the progress
in many cases and permanently cured
not few for him. He never
used it below the 30th
- Phosphorus produces as
marked a nephritis as any drug. It is one of the most important remedies
in Bright's disease; the characteristic symptoms are: lassitude
of the whole body, hands and
feet icy cold, sleepiness.
The fatigue is greatest in the morning, and there is heat in
the body without thirst,
especially in the
- The patient is indisposed to work, is giddy, forgetful
and has a heavy headache , particularly in the
forehead; there is oedema of the
upper eyelids, a mist before
the eye, a yellowish fray complexion, a sickly oedema of the face, want
of appetite, pressure and burning
in the stomach, and
a light colored painless diarrhoea which
is very weakening.
- It suits well fatty or waxy casts, is dark brown,
scanty and albuminous, or
covered with an iridescent film.
Pulmonary complications will call for Phosphorus; and inability to lie on the left side
is a prominent symptom in these cases.
Vomiting and gastric symptoms
are usually present.
- A small dose of Phosphorus
will act much safer and better in
eclampsia than a large dose of Morphine.
- Simple albuminuria, here it seems to occupy a place midway
between Aconite and Arsenicum. Belladonna
is of the greatest service in inflammation of the kidneys with piercing burning pains in the
lumbar region, returning
periodically with increased
- Also useful for comma and convulsions in the nephritis of pregnancy.